Jeevtronics Pvt Ltd, a Venture Center resident incubatee, won second prize in the Tata Social Enterprise Challenge at IIM Calcutta. Jeevtronics has been awarded a cash grant of Rs 2 lakhs.
TATA Social Enterprise Challenge, is a joint initiative by the TATA group and the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta), a National Level challenge to find India’s most promising social enterprises. Also aimed at raising awareness about Social Entrepreneurship, TATA Social Enterprise Challenge aims to encourage the youth to step up to be the next generation of social entrepreneurs.
Social entrepreneurs identified through the competition are offered mentorship support, awarded cash grants and have an opportunity to pitch for funding and incubation at IIM Calcutta.
More about TATA Social Enterprise Challenge: http://www.tatasechallenge.org/
More about Jeevtronics: http://jeevtronics.com/
Venture Center incubatees won several awards at the IKMC 2015, organized by IKP Hyderabad
- Mr. Sachin Dubey of Module Innovation Pvt Ltd won second prize in poster presentation in “Diagnostics”
- Dr. Vishwas Joshi of Seagull Biosolutions won second prize in poster presentation in “Drug Discovery /Therapeutics”
- Dr. Abhay Shendye of Swasti Agro & Bioproducts won first prize in poster presentation in the fields of “Industrial Biotech/Agri”
- Ashish Gawade of Jeevtronics won first prize in the Lightning Pitch awards
- Dr. Abhay Shendye & Sachin Dubey also secured third positions in the Lightning Pitch awards